Make travelling with the family cheaper and easier with Southeastern Railway’s ‘kids for a quid’ deal. Travel off-peak and you can save a fortune on days out all year round.
Here ‘s everything that you need to know…
What are the terms?
- Up to four children (aged 5 to 15 inclusive) can travel with each adult.
- Unaccompanied children must pay the normal child fare, which is 50% of the adult fare.
- Valid at Offpeak times only (no restrictions at weekends and public holidays).
- Only valid on Southeastern services.
- Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-9 area.
- Kids for a quid only applies to journeys where Southeastern are responsible for setting the fare.
- Not valid in first class.
Which adult tickets can be used?
- The adult ticket used must be valid for the journey being made.
- Valid with Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Season Tickets and Advance fares.
- Railcard discounts can be used for the adult tickets however these discounts cannot be applied to the flat-rate £1 child fare.
- Not valid in conjunction with all special promotion tickets.
Where can you buy tickets?
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from the station ticket offices or can be pre-booked online on the Southeastern Railway website. You cannot get this offer from the ticket vending machines at the station. When buying Southeastern Advance tickets, Kids for a Quid £1 tickets can only be purchased at ticket offices.
Don’t forget that children can travel for free around London too, using tubes or buses, so if you’re off to the capital you can save on travel when you get there too!