We spent another fun afternoon at Flip Out last week and I realised that I’ve never reviewed it – so here’s our experience of our local Flip Out in Ashford, Kent.
What’s there for the kids to do?
Flip Out is child heaven – it’s basically a giant warehouse filled with trampolines, foam pits and other fun activities. Here’s what our local Flip Out has on offer:
– 59 Trampolines
– 22 High Performance Trampolines
– 3 Foam Pits
– 2 Stunt Zones (Please Note: These stunt zones are height restricted. Adult stunt zone must be above 1.4 metres, Kids stunt zone must be under 1.5 metres)
– Ninja Assault Course (Aged 10 and over)
– Monkey Bars
– Basketball Area
– Battle Beam
– Soft Play
– Arcade Machines
All of the activities, aside from the arcade machines which are pay as you go, are included in the entry price.
What age group is it suitable for?
My two children have always adored Flip Out and I think it’s one of those rare places that can be enjoyed by children and adults of all ages. There are special areas for the little ones to bounce and play to keep them safe – they have a trampoline area just for them and the soft play is age restricted.
For primary school age children there are platforms to bounce from and to, loads of trampolines, foam pits, basketball etc – my two come back all red and sweaty and never want to leave! 😂 Even as Finn gets older, and he starts to outgrow soft play centres etc, he still always wants to go to Flip Out.
Teens can enjoy bouncing too – there are stunt zones for the older ones and a ninja assault course for those aged 10 and over. We’ve been with friends with older kids and they’re all more than happy to come – it really is a place that caters for all ages. Adults too if you fancy a bounce!
A throwback picture from a few years ago – they were so little! 😥
Is it good value for money?
A standard 1 hour bounce is £11 booked online, £12 in-store. It’s neither extortionate nor a bargain, but it can add up when you have a few kiddies! However, having said that, Finn and Lola love it so much that I do feel like it’s money well spent.
For an extra fiver, you can book a second hour of bouncing. We do this for my two as a treat now and then! They’re usually exhausted by the end – it’s a shame they don’t offer a 1.5 hour bounce as my two moan that an hour passes too quickly, but two hours is often too long.
Under fives are free, so you’ll just pay one price for the accompanying adult if you’re bringing a little tot. They also offer a cheaper ‘stay and play’ price weekdays between 10am and 2pm for just £6, so Flip Out can be a cheap option with little ones on a rainy day.
(Make sure you remember your Flip Out socks – they’ll charge you extra the first time you bounce for the socks, and then you can re-use them again and again until they need a bigger size.)
Money saving tips
- On Thursdays, Ashford Flip Out offers 4 hours for the price of 1 – I’m not sure my two would last more than 2 hours but they’d have a good go! 😆 The unlimited bounce session runs from 3pm-7pm every Thursday during term time, and means that you can bounce all evening for the price of an hour.
- On Fridays from 3pm-7pm you can benefit from the ‘Eat, Bounce, Drink’ offer. This means that for the standard jump price, you get a pizza or hot dog and a cup of squash or slush included at no extra cost. (Last bounce 6pm to 7pm food MUST be ordered by 6pm) So, Fridays after school could be a good time to visit with the kids.
- Students receive 20% off a standard jump when showing a valid NUS card. Only available during term time.
- Home Educators can call to book (or just turn up) and pay £7 for an hour’s bounce term time during school hours. This is when we tend to visit, as it cuts the cost by a few quid per child and it’s much quieter during the day when others are at school.
What facilities are there?
Flip Out Ashford has all the usual things you’d expect – a cafe, a viewing area to watch the kids, party rooms, toilets and free parking. The food in the cafe is your standard junk food, and it can be quite expensive, so unless you’re doing the eat and bounce Friday deal I wouldn’t recommend eating there.
The ‘before they got sweaty’ picture. 😂
For up-to-date opening times and prices, please check their website.